Top 5 theologians whose name begins with the letter "A" (along with the millinerd summary of their life work in six words or less).
1. Aquinas - Aristotle and faith are not incompatible.
2. Anselm- Intellect and faith are not incompatible.
3. Augustine - Plato and faith are not incompatible.
4. Athanasius- Arius is wrong.
5. Apostle Paul- Welcome Gentiles!
Yes the last one's a stretch, but what's amazing about the list is that there seems to be an "A" theologian for almost every major shift in church history. That means in our transitional era, one candidate for the theologian to save the day might be the following author, whose promise should be evident to all by this penetrating insight into the mysery of faith:
"We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There's really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to want to conquer."