1. Total number of books you own?
Enough to not have to decorate.
2. What was the last book(s) you bought?
Not too exciting on that front. Yeah - history of the Balkans!
3. What was the last book you read?
If you mean completed, see below.
4. List five books that are particularly meaningful to you (in no particular order):
1. Thomas Merton's Raids on the Unspeakable for shaking me up when I needed a shake.I know there should be more fiction. It's shameful.
2 and 2.5. Jack Kerouac's On the Road and James Michener's The Drifters for shaking me up when I didn't need a shake. (They both had particularly bad effects on me.)
3. Kierkegaard's Either/Or specifically the Letter to Wilhelm for setting my mind right about marriage enough to give it a try.
4. John Henry Newman's Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine for confusing me permanently.
5. Nicholas Wolterstorff's Art in Action for getting over Immanuel Kant and productively thinking about art.
5. Tag five people, any five people who read.
Can't pick. If you read this consider yourself tagged.